IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING MEDICAL CARE DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC:
The Institute of Neurology and Neurosurgery at Saint Barnabas remains open and here to serve your needs. We are seeing both established and new patients.
We are trying to do as many patient visits as possible by video conferencing with the Doxy.me site. The video is much more helpful than a simple phone call as we can see you and do some neurological evaluation. See below for information about how to prepare for these visits. It is web-based, no app to download, but your device’s camera and microphone need to be on. Please test the system prior to the scheduled visit. If you cannot get it to work, we may be able to do video via Facetime (Apple) or Skype (any device).
Please sign up for our Patient Portal (IQ Health), which will allow us to send each other written information more easily. Ask the staff to sign you up. We need an email address, and you will receive an email to set up your password. There will be a challenge question to confirm your identity, the staff will tell you what it will be when you set up.
EEG testing is still available for urgent needs. Elective testing is being postponed but will be scheduled as soon as available.
For reliable information about the COVID-19 crisis, we recommend:
- www.cdc.gov (Centers for Disease Control)
- www.epilepsy.com (Epilepsy Foundation of America)
- nj.gov (New Jersey state website for latest local updates)
Before your Telemedicine visit please have available:
- A list of your current medications and drug allergies, and name and location of your pharmacy.
- Write down your current symptoms and response to treatment. Have your seizure diary available.
- Any new medical problems, recent hospitalizations or testing
- Choose a quiet spot with good lighting, with as much privacy as possible.
- Please weigh yourself, and if you can check your blood pressure and pulse.
- Write down your questions and concerns to go over with the doctor.
- Turn on the camera and microphone on your phone or computer. You can find out how here: https://help.doxy.me/en/articles/95877-allow-access-to-camera-all-browsers.