Areas of Interest
Intractable epilepsy, epilepsy surgery, responsive neurostimulation (RNS), vagus nerve stimulation (VNS), deep brain stimulation (DBS). Epilepsy and developmental disabilities. Epilepsy and pregnancy. Epilepsy associated with medical issues. Electroencephalography. Intracranial electrocorticography. Cortical stimulation.
- B.A., Princeton University
- M.D., Brown University School of Medicine, Providence RI
- Internship, Medicine, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston MA
- Neurology, The Harvard-Longwood Neurology Training Program, Boston MA
- Epilepsy and Clinical Neurophysiology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland OH
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology: Neurology with Added Qualifications in Clinical Neurophysiology and Epilepsy
- American Board of Clinical Neurophysiology
Awards and Honors
- B.A. cum laude in Biology, Princeton University
- Senior Thesis with Honors, Princeton University
- Dean’s Prize for the outstanding male student, Brown University School of Medicine
- Sigma Xi
- Physician Excellence in Health Care Award, Saint Barnabas Medical Center
- Health Care Professional of the Year, The Arc of Morris County
- Advocate of the Year, Family Resource Network of New Jersey
- Fellow of the American Epilepsy Society
- Top Doctor in New Jersey and New York, Castle Connolly Survey, New York Magazine, New Jersey Monthly, Inside Jersey Magazine
- Board member, Family Resource Network of New Jersey
- Vice-chairperson, New Jersey State Epilepsy Task Force
- Wong CYO, Geller EB, Chen E, MacIntyre WJ, Morris HH III, Raja S, Saha GB, Lüders HO, Cook SA, Go RT. Outcome of temporal lobe epilepsy surgery predicted by statistical parametric PET imaging. J Nucl Med 1996;37:1094-1100.
- Elliott RE, Morsi A, Kalhorn SP, Marcus J, Sellin J, Kang M, Siverberg A, Rivera E, Geller E, Carlson C, Devinsky O, Doyle WK. Vagus nerve stimulation in 436 consecutive patients with treatment-resistant epilepsy: long-term outcomes and predictors of response. Epilepsy Behav. 2011; 20(1): 57-63.
- Elliott RE, Morsi A, Tanweer O, Grobelny B, Geller E, Carlson C, Devinsky O, Doyle WK. Efficacy of vagus nerve stimulation over time: review of 65 consecutive patients with treatment-resistant epilepsy treated with VNS > 10 years. Epilepsy Behav. 2001;20(3):478-483.
- Elliott RE, Rodgers SD, Bassani L, Morsi A, Geller EB, Carlson C, Devinsky O, Doyle WK. Vagus nerve stimulation for children with treatment-resistant epilepsy: a consecutive series of 141 cases. J Neurosurg Pediatr 2011;7(5):491-500.
- Geller EB, Skarpaas TL, Gross RE, et al.. Brain-responsive neurostimulation in patients with medically intractable mesial temporal lobe epilepsy. Epilepsia. 2017 Jun;58(6):994-1004.
- Geller EB, Lüders HO, Comair Y, Cheek JC. Cortical stimulation: Visual cortex. In: Lüders HO, Noachter S, eds. Epileptic seizures: Pathophysiology and clinical semiology. New York: Churchill Livingstone, 2000:219-227.
- Geller EB. Vagus nerve stimulation for the treatment of medically intractable epilepsy. In: Devinsky O, Westbrook L, eds. Epilepsy and Developmental Disabilities. Boston:Butterworth Heinemann, 2002:353-359.
- Geller EB, Devinsky O. Outcomes of extratemporal surgery. In: Miller JW, Silbergeld DL, eds. Epilepsy Surgery: Principles and Controversies. New York:Taylor & Francis, 2006:705-720.
- Geller EB, Santschi C. Noninvasive tests to define lateralization or localization of memory. In: Lüders HO, ed. Textbook of Epilepsy Surgery. London:Informa, 2008:889-896.
- Geller EB. Discontinuation of anticonvulsants: case studies. In: Lüders HO, ed. Epilepsy: Comprehensive review and case discussions. London:Martin Dunitz, 2001:286-293.
- Geller, EB. Responsive neurostimulation: Review of clinical trials and insights into focal epilepsy. Epilepsy Behav. 2018 Nov;88S:11-20